Sunday, September 2, 2012

Face Book

A quote from Morningstar:

"More than 500 million people use Facebook on a daily basis, spending more time there than any other  website, according to most third-party reports."

In 88 days, world population will reach 7 BILLION individuals.

A little quick math tells me that that is a 7% world wide market penetration. And I am actually beginning to believe it. I just got a Facebook Friend request from someone I thought did not even remember me. 20+ years ago, we used to hire nannies for our children. One of the most capable and memorable was a lovely young woman from Åland. (If you don't know, look it up). Most of her timeline is in Swedish, but ... hooray for Face Book, they translate it.

Can it get bigger? Certainly. May there be spoilers?  Possibly. But how really immensely hot must the spoiler be to get to 500 million users and growing.

I don't like Face Book, I hate the games. The timeline stuff is weird, and the latest iteration actually posts where you are if you allow it. My first take on it, it was a sort of unconscious voyeurism.

But I use Face Book. Go figure.

No comments: