Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oh shit Oh dear

I have recently come to the conclusion that at heart I am a Libertarian.  The Republican party is too involved with the assorted "Christian" agendas to understand that by excluding people they are being decidedly un-Christian.  The Tea Party is too anti everything to really get n board, I actually think they, too are falling into the "Christian" agenda trap.

As an avowed Libertarian, though, I do every once in a while see a headline that makes my blood boil:


I.R.S. Sits on Data Pointing to Missing Children


The whole raison d'etre of the IRS is to collect data on us to pay our taxes to be part of a bloated and uncontrollable system.  Yes I am a fan of privacy laws, and the IRS should sit on 99.9% of that data as a fiduciary of public funds. But for all of those sad faces I see on the sides on Milk Cartons ... they need Federal protection and all the resources that our government can provide 
 

No comments: